> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Paint preference
Login | Register

Paint preference

Posted by Henry in MI on May 19th, 2000 08:16 PM
In reply to Paint everything-including the kitchen sink by bc on May 19th, 2000 06:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Jeff. For what it's worth, I am in process of painting a room and I used Benj. Moore Super Spec that I purchased at a GNE paint store in the Detroit area. I have been really happy with it so far. It really went on nice and I did not have to clean speclkes off my glasses for the next 3 days. I will be completing a faux finish this weekend and expect it to look a little subdued but still kind of neat. The guys at the GNE store were very knowledgeable and helpful.

But I want to echo bc's comments. At least 50% of a paint job is the prep work. I washed with Dirtex and rinsed, filled and sanded then rinsed again with a damp sponge to get off the sanding dust. Then I applied a coat of B-I-N to seal and prime. The alcohol in the B-I-N can get to you so you want to apply this on a day that you can open the windows. Another "for what it's worth" is that you should probably wait until next weekend or so to paint. With all the rain we have had in this area, no paint will dry well and I have had problems in the past with peeling because of painting on really humid days. Wait for a day where the humidity is under about 75%.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC