> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Paint finishes
Login | Register

Paint finishes

Posted by Henry in MI on November 23rd, 2000 06:17 PM
In reply to hand-rubbed painted finish by Vickie on November 23rd, 2000 04:54 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 4 people found this post helpful

Vickie, with clear finishes, a hand rubbed oil finish is one where you hand rub oil into the wood so the heat of the rubbing forces the oil deeper into the wood. A hand rubbed paint finish sounds suspiciously like something you do with finger paint. Who knows what some ad guy came up with after a 3 martini lunch.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC