> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Paint everything-including the kitchen sink
Login | Register

Paint everything-including the kitchen sink

Posted by bc on May 19th, 2000 06:24 PM
In reply to Is there a best paint brand? by Jeff (in MI) on May 19th, 2000 04:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

I prefer #2 aka SW. They have a local store (none of the others do) and good quality paint with lots of pigment and guarantees of up to 20 years. I can't say if one is better than the other. Your better paints have more pigment, among other things, which then adds to the price. The cheaper paints have less pigment, so less coverage and durability, so stay away from them. The more pigment the more hiding unless you want to hide something that will bleed through.

Look at the price, coverage per gallon, and the guarantee for a general idea of what is best but chances are you may get by with any of them.

I hate painting so whenever I do it, I want it to last. Of course a lot of painting is preparation and a primer. I prefer a good quality primer tinted close to the original paint color for better color coverage. SW will tint theirs.

I prefer paint made by the paint company themselves and not a paint by someone like home cheapo that isn't a paint company. I wouldn't rule out them contracting with a paint company for a high quality paint under their own label but I couldn't tell you if a paint company would mix a better paint for a subcontractor like home cheapo than they would mix for their own(seems highly unlikely to me).

On this forum we've learned that people will paint anything and including the kitchen sink so it pays to use a good quality paint and also use one that the next homeowner can remove cause they probably won't like the paint on their kitchen sink, countertop, wood floor, linoleum, table top, brick, bathtub, vinyl siding, concrete, metal, and all the other things too numerous to mention that people ask about painting and removing the paint from.

Good luck and I hope you don't run out of bejeezus. Let's us know what you decide.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC