> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > paint
Login | Register

Posted by Al on January 17th, 2002 08:45 AM
In reply to There are soo many better paints by Steve: on January 16th, 2002 06:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

Recently helped my in-laws paint their living room walls and ceiling. We used Benjamin Moore mixed from a local shop and there were very obvious differences in the mix. They were rather bold colors, apple crisp, I believe was one of them. Luckily the room lighting makes it very difficult to notice the shade differences, and we weren't repainting 18' ceilings again soon:)

But here's my question: would you buy a paint store like this if you had the chance? I'm an accountant and this couple who owns the Ben Moore dealer cornered me when we were buying the paint because they were considering selling it and basically wanted free advice. They do mainly paint, wallpaper, and they have subs they use for any contract work for actually applying paint/paper. Price seems reasonable and includes a small piece of real estate. Basically they are just wanting to retire. This area doesn't seem like there is much demand for $30/gallon paint but they claim to net around $50K per year. Wife has experience in interior decorating and she wants something to do but I'm not sure if this really seems profitable. There is a sherwin-williams in town which is where most of the contractors seem to shop. Do-It Best has paint (which I think is sherwin, although maybe different mix) but other than that only Wal-Mart and Kmart have paint within a 30 mile radius. How hard would it be to get business from Sherwin? Any comments or thoughts?

Thanks, Al

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC