> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Paint
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on March 17th, 2003 06:05 PM
In reply to House Paint by Mike Krzyminski on March 17th, 2003 11:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

Mike, I would say that the look of your house is a determining factor for gloss defination. The paint of 200 years ago were glossier but I think that you would have a tough time "selling" the brighter colors and a higher shine in most neighborhoods. There is no reason that you can't do it, though.

I did not have a happy experience with that paint. I have to scrape off or replace several boards because of continued peeling problems again this year. I would have gotten replacement paint from them--if I hadn't been more concerned about continued peeling with it. Wasn't worth it!

I had no problem with the Benjamin Moore paint that was on before and I'm sure that I would have been happy with paint from a name brand paint manufacturer. The only reason that I bought the other paint was that my local hardware and then a local paint store chain closed and it was hard to find the B. Moore at that time. I consider it what I deserve for buying paint from any big box retailer.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Sears paint by Mike  3/18/03 08:55 AM
  • Paint by Henry in MI  3/18/03 06:23 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC