Oxygen by itself is a good thing. Too much oxygen damages the body. The same is true of ozone.
Remember and be aware: Anything that kills mold also kills human body cells.
An electronic air cleaner that attracts and kills mold does so locally to the cleaner, not downstream or upstream of the duct. Ozone that is free in large enough quantities to kill mold in occupied rooms can also cause problems for people.
"Some air cleaners are designed to produce ozone which is a strong oxidizing agent and a known irritant of the lungs and respiratory system . Studies have shown that ozone, even at high concentrations, is not effective at killing airborne mold or surface mold contamination. Even if mold was killed by ozone, the health threats would not be reduced until mold contaminants are removed through cleaning. Health experts, including the Minnesota Department of Health, do not recommend the use of ozone to address mold or any other indoor air problems. "
"13. Ozone degrades petrochemicals. These chemicals have a potential to place a great burden on the immune system. They also worsen and even cause allergies and are detrimental to your long-term health. " Plastics are petrochemicals as well as people.
"Ozone is a highly reactive gas and a major component of photochemical oxidant air pollution. Short-term exposure to ozone can cause a transient migration of inflammatory cells to the airways. Less is known about the effects of prolonged or repeated exposures. There is concern, however, that such exposures may cause chronic inflammation that could permanently damage the small airways because inflammatory cells release substances that injure the epithelial cells lining airway surfaces. Mast cells (a type of inflammatory cell) are thought to play an important role in lung inflammation because they reside in lung tissues and produce substances that stimulate the migration and growth of other inflammatory cells, which in turn produce substances that injure epithelial cells."