> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Owens Corning vinyl windows
Login | Register

Owens Corning vinyl windows

Posted by Janet Stewart on October 30th, 2002 06:31 AM
In reply to Owens Corning Vinyl Windows by Rob K. Norris on September 24th, 2001 09:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

13 of 15 people found this post helpful

My contractor installed Owens Corning vinyl windows (made by Simonton) and they have a multitude of problems. The flimsy screens do not fit into a channel and leave wide gaps for insects to come in. It is so bad that there is no point in even opening the windows. Also, when you do open the bottom half of the double hung, the top half comes down with it and you have to push the top half up and hold it while you put the bottom half down to lock. These are the worst windows I've ever experienced!!!I've called the factory rep and he told me that they have had many complaints about the screen, but don't plan on changing the design. He said that he would have a representative call me and come out and look at them, but the only way to resolve the screen problem is for them to install some weatherstripping. It was a "take it or leave it" attitude and he became rude. My advice is to stay away from Owens Corning!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC