renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Over-the-range Microwave and 12" Cabinets
Login | Register

Over-the-range Microwave and 12" Cabinets

Posted by randomguymike on October 20th, 2005 08:21 AM

7 of 9 people found this post helpful

I just got my over-the-range microwave delivered yesterday and thought it looked a little big. After taking some measurements, I realized the microwave depth was 15.3" and my upper cabinets were only 12" deep.

Is this a huge problem? Can I still install the microwave safetly? The instructions don't say anything about cabinet depth. Would it look really ghetto if I did install it?

As a follow-up, can a person purchase just new 15" upper cabinets, without replacing the whole kitchen set? I just had new Corian Counters installed on the lower cabinets and can't afford to just toss them aside. If I can replace just one set, can I take the dors from my old cabinets and put them on the new ones to acheive more continuity?

Basically, how would you recommend I proceed? I don't want to just take the microwave back since I need ot do something with the space occupied by the scary 1960's range hood. Thanks for ANY advice.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC