> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Outlet spacers
Login | Register

Outlet spacers

Posted by Dave on January 29th, 2001 02:15 PM
In reply to electrical outlet by Kristian Magel on January 27th, 2001 06:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 3 people found this post helpful

If I'm picturing the situation correctly ... The deal is that if you were to tighten the screws all the way, the outlet would be set into the wall and not flush with the plate ... ?

You can buy spacers that will bring the outlet out from the box. You can ask someone at a hardware store for help - they may have heard of them (describe the problem to them.)

Basically, it's a plastic spacer that goes on the mounting screw - Screw goes through receptacle, through spacer, and then into the box. (You may need longer screws than what's there now.) You could substitute "something else" for the spacer if you can't find one specifically sold for that purpose.

.. hope that helps -

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC