> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Out side Tap.
Login | Register

Out side Tap.

Posted by John 2000 on October 1st, 1999 05:06 PM
In reply to loose outdoor water faucet by David on October 1st, 1999 12:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

David, Hi",
Find out the size of your waterpipe, then go down to
your local hardware store and buy some plastic pipe or rubber hose
that is felxable the same size as the water pipe.
If your wall is 12" then buy 12" of pipe, cut the pipe down the middle
with a sharp knive, (mind your hands, take your time in doing this)
then try and slide the plastic/hose over the water pipe,through the wall
if there is space for it, if there is space and it is ok, then fill the opening
with morter (sand and cement) 1 cement to 3 of sand, then let it dry for a week..
The plastic cover is to stop the cement making contact with the water pipe.
there is a acid in the cement that can damage the water pipe later.
NOW: if you cant cover the pipe, then you will have to get some silicone it comes
in a tube which you can pump in to the space, then the
silicone is hard the pipe will not move.( but go to the store and tell the guy there
what it is for and he will help you, or even give a better idea.)
John 2000

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC