> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Our contractor came out today
Login | Register

Our contractor came out today

Posted by Valerie on April 1st, 2002 09:19 PM
In reply to someone did not do any research on this person before hiring by Moderator, Steve on April 1st, 2002 04:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

He saw it--and was mad. He said he checked the guy's references and that he's done many jobs for him, all well done. I guess it must be me...I think that the guy rushed through the job since I was so easygoing with him, young and seemingly naive, I don't know. Our contractor has promised to make it right, and that the floor guy will most likely take the deposit and cut his losses on the job--but that he'll figure out a solution. I don't know what to think because I know they had a relationship and our contractor highly rec'd him.
The finish was solvent-based could've looked great if his sanding methods had prepared the floor--but it looks like a dark, dirty, old floor now whereas before we had gleaming, even shine, beautiful honey stained floor..sure it had a few scratches and dents but now it has all those plus new scratches, gouges, and a very uneven finish.
Thanks for the advice Steve, hope there doesn't have to be any legal action but I'll be prepared for that if I must.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC