> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ouch !!!
Login | Register

Ouch !!!

Posted by Jay J on August 11th, 1999 08:27 AM
In reply to RADIANT HEATING - REFLECTORS VS REFLECTIVE INSULATION by MARK IN NH on August 11th, 1999 07:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

Please, there's no need to SHOUT. It's annoying to me, personally, when all caps are used. They don't get you any more attention then if you used lower-case lettering. From personal experience, 'shouting' tends to turn some follow-uppers off to your post. One gets the sense that you want to get to 'the head of the line' so to speak. Anyway, just FYI ...

As for your problem, I don't think that insulation board or reflective board is going to help too much. As long as there's air flow around your radiant heat tubing, it's gonna cool. What I have seen is a spray-type of insulation that's applied right to the underside of the floor where the tubing is. You can check with Rodney @ Warm Floor Center for specifics. Perhaps he may have a 'cheap' alternative along the lines of what you're trying to do. But my $$$ says do it right or you'll lose the heat. You do want to warm your floor, eh? So maximize the system's efficiency and insulate properly. Otherwise, you may over-work the system to the point where it runs longer and longer and your utility bill is where you'll pay 'later'.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC