> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Other Options ...
Login | Register

Other Options ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 29th, 2001 04:20 PM
In reply to Diff won't work for me either by Pam on October 29th, 2001 04:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Pam (and Lisa),

Sure, as long as you have other options, I'd try the Steamer. I would still score the wallpaper w/the Paper Tiger because you want the steam to get under there. Personally, I've never encountered a situation where the DIF didn't work. As I mentioned, usually, the cause of the DIF not working is: not enough coatings, not waiting long enough, water not hot enough, mixture too 'dirty', wallpaper not scored enough or deep enough, wallpaper 'drying out' before it's pulled off. All this assuming that the DIF-to-Water ratio is being correctly mixed.

Again, if the wallpaper is vinyl, it's a harder job. Vinyl wallpaper needs MORE perforations than paper wallpaper. Be sure you're getting THROUGH the wallpaper w/the Tiger.

I someone is using a glue that's not meant for wallpaper, then there would be tell-tale signs. Wallpaper glue is not that 'powerful'. Other glues will 'crinkle' the paper, discolor the wallpaper when it dries, and be a HECK of a lot harder to work with when installing it even if the installer is a Pro. Obviously, I can't see what's going on. Try the Steamer or hire a Pro. Once you find out what's up, by all means, please let me know. (I'm sure I haven't seen everything ...)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• DIF by Sandy Whitte  11/11/01 04:46 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC