> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Other options...
Login | Register

Other options...

Posted by Jim -ATS on April 20th, 2000 03:10 PM
In reply to Can't Tell From Here ... by Jay J on April 20th, 2000 10:41 AM [Go to top of thread]

Personally, I really like IKEA cabinets. If you don't have a store in your area, check them out on the IKEA website and order them. They come as a kit, but anyone who has ever assembled knock down furniture and can follow directions can do these, and they are the best I've ever seen for puting them together. Every hole and peg and notch is dead accurate.

I can buy a very elaborate kitchen package for about $4500. Install them yourself and save on that part of the labor. Then hire a contractor to install your substrate and laminate, or read our other posts about installing substrates, and hire someone to do the laminate for you.
Or do the whole thing if you want.

The IKEA cabinets are better quality than the ones I saw at Home Depot, in my opinion, and the price was either a little less or pretty danged close.

Then use your old cabinets for extra storage in the garage, or laundry room, or sell them to a salvage yard in the area, just be careful when you take them out...

Did I mention that by going with "new" cabinets, you can redo all the things about your existing cabinets that still bug you, and that resurfacing won't solve?

Just a thought, but one I think it's worth looking at.

Have fun with your new kitchen...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC