> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Options ...
Login | Register

Options ...

Posted by Jay J on August 28th, 2000 01:27 PM
In reply to LAMINATE FLOORING by Patricia on August 28th, 2000 12:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

Engineered Flooring is maybe what you want to look into. I suggest you consider nailing it as a first option, then gluing it as a 2nd one, then floating it as a 3rd. Ask for Engineered Flooring with at least a 3/8" 'wear layer'. Here's a REALLY old link that you can view where I 'point' you to do some reading on the different types of flooring. Laminate, Engineered, and Solid. Wood Flooring - Especially read Pergo vs. The World. (The correct link for the article is Midlakes.

If you need more info, ask away. Yes, laminate floors dent and scratch and wear. Buckling depends on moisture and installation 'matters'. Most all types of floors last long and are easy to maintain. It's just that some floors need to be TOTALLY replaced when they wear out vs. refinished. It's all preference, although my preference is solid hardwood. You may want to consider gettin an estimate or 3 anyways for what you want to see how much 'difference' there is in what you can afford. It may surprise you! And ask the Retailer how one compares to another, and so on. Ask 3 Retailers. Go on - there's LOTS to learn, and you'll have fun doing it.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC