> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Option ...
Login | Register

Option ...

Posted by Jay J on February 24th, 2000 09:00 AM
In reply to Finish Basement Floor by JM on February 24th, 2000 08:03 AM [Go to top of thread]

3/4" sub-floor is standard these days. I, personally, wouldn't have used CDX but standard, sheet plywood instead. Yes, CDX is stronger than plywood but plywood is my choice. Remember, the plywood has to go 90 degrees to the direction of the flooring if you're installing, say, hardwood. The 12" OC is plenty. (The 16" is simply a standard.) Blue Board isn't necessary.

I've only removed parquet flooring so what you might want to do is read the paperwork to see what it says about the minimum sub-floor/flooring in order to do an install. THey may require 3/4" sub-floor + 1/2" additional. If the floor isn't level before you put down the sleepers, you will get a 'bounce' in the low spots. You might want to walk on the sleepers as you install them to see if they need to be shimmed. Use PT sleepers and shims too. The Delta FL is fine too.

Eliminate low spots and re-read the parquet install paperwork to be sure you have enough. (For the benefit of others, Delta FL Dimpled Barrier) My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC