> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Oops
Login | Register


Posted by Daniel E. Fall on March 10th, 2003 12:42 AM
In reply to Removing wall paper applied to unpainted drywall by Jim (in a jam) on March 9th, 2003 05:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

There are a couple of ways to fix a hole in the wall. For large holes, remove the drywall all the way to the studs, piece it in, and mud the joints. For smaller holes, take a piece of 3/4" board that is as long and as wide as possible that will still allow you to get it in the hole, put a piece of wire on it to hold it. Screw the drywall to the wood with 2 screws. Put one screw in a patch piece of drywall and mud. I wouldn't use tape if you are going to paper, it'll leave a high spot on the wall.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC