> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > One Option ...
Login | Register

One Option ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on March 20th, 2002 11:52 AM
In reply to Do people even come back to see their answers? by jb on March 20th, 2002 10:04 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi jb, et. al., has a BBS The Bulletin Board, where Posters and Follow-uppers can Register to post and answer on the BBS.

Because it requires one to Register, many folks on this BBS don't go there. However, if you do register as a Poster (vs. a Follow-upper), you have the option of having an email sent to you AUTOMATICALLY when someone Follow-ups your question. It is a great feature. At the same time, as a Follow-upper, you DON'T have the option to receive an email from the Poster if they have more questions. (If the latter capability was there, you'd get emailed every time someone followuped and/or every time the Poster asked a question. In short, thank goodness this capability isn't there.)

RE: Not getting enough gratitude - Well, you'll have to wrestle with finding a way to get past that. I fought w/it for a while, and the only gratitude you get is self-gratitude. Beyond that, MAYBE someone will say thank you (but you can't expect it as you've already realized.)

The Fix It For'Em BBS will not be 'improved' beyond its current capabilities. Believe it or not, many people out there (Posters and Follow-uppers alike) want to 'post' annonymously. Just as Annoyed Sometimes did. I know why so I'll stay away from that. Moving along, ..., I think I've said enough.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC