> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > One last thing...
Login | Register

One last thing...

Posted by Jim -ATS on April 11th, 2000 10:25 AM
In reply to How to repair resin-type vanity counter? by Sandra Ball on April 9th, 2000 04:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

You said you don't want to "get scre--- by some estimate person because we're two women." and that made me think. Most contractors are not out to "scre-" anyone. If you were to explain to an estimator what your situation is, and that he probably isn't going to be hired directly by you to do the work anyway, most estimators will be reasonably happy to give you an idea of what you are up against.
If you approach life like you are going to get "scre---" just because you are two women, then chances are, you will. Change your attitude. I pity the fool who thinks he can take advantage of my wife, 'cause she'd rip his liver out and feed it to him.

We contractors aren't a bad breed, we just like to make money for fixing people's homes. That's not an evil thing.

I hope you found a resolution with your sink issue. Have a safe trip home.

By the way, x-guy, read the WHOLE thread, it started a few days ago. This is not a typical rental situation, and you jumped to a couple of conclusions. (still waiting for an email from you, I promise I won't publish it...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC