> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > One Last Short-Term Idea ...
Login | Register

One Last Short-Term Idea ...

Posted by Jay J on July 17th, 1998 07:46 AM
In reply to Vogel Response by linda on July 16th, 1998 06:16 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm still w/you on this.

How 'bout getting some of that stain that was applied before Vogel. If you don't know what it is, perhaps the previous owners know what brand it was. Perhaps someone in the neighborhood knows where the owners are OR even what brand they used. If there are similiar homes in the neighborhood, see what they used and see if they're having the same problem. Take some pictures BEFORE you put on the new/old stain. Video would be best, and when you do it, have good lighting and get close. This will allow you to get real detail.

If you have any 'replacement' cedar lying around that's as old as the cedar on the house, lay it out there for the vermint to chew on. If they go for it, IMMEDIATELY put on the new/old stain and see what happens. The tale should be in the pudding. I'm still waiting on my painter friend. I will ctc him again over the weekend. Stick w/it. The BBB and lawyer are certainly worth persuing. The lawyer 'thing' could get complicated on the start because I don't know what your 'claim' is based on and whatever it is, you'll have to prove it. I'll be taking to you soon.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC