> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > One for cellulose
Login | Register

One for cellulose

Posted by Kris A. on September 22nd, 1999 11:03 PM
In reply to insulation by Henry in MI on September 21st, 1999 10:29 PM [Go to top of thread]

I vote for cellulose. I have an addition on my home that is cellulose & the main home that is fiberglass. The cellulose helps stop sound & has a better R value than the fiberglass. My addition is warmer than my 10 year old original house. There has been no settling in 2 years. It is fire resistant, we melted a penny on it & the cellulose did not burn. It also insulates behind my outlets. You can do cathedral ceilings also. My cellulose was installed prior to installation of my drywall & can be used for remodel or new construction. I had a professionial install my cellulose. It was a little more money than going to the local home improvement center & renting the equipment, but the installation is thorough & guaranteed. It is worth a few extra dollars for someone with the equipment to come to your home than dragging all of that junk home from the store & taking it back. I would like to go back in my original attic & add a layer of cellulose to that. We are also planning on putting cellulose in our pole barn & foundation. Good luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC