> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > One born every second (Sucker that is)
Login | Register

One born every second (Sucker that is)

Posted by James Clark on February 6th, 2003 11:58 PM
In reply to Need Help applying Ralph Lauren River Rock Paint by Dee on November 23rd, 1997 01:29 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

Had to correct the title

I wish I had found this site prior to purchasing 6 gallons of RL River Rock paint. My project was to paint a Foyer, Living Room and Hallway. Painting professionally for years I knew this would take no more than 1 gallon of primer and 1 gallon each of the two colors the home owner chose. I was shocked when I read the directions on the RL can that a 12x12 room requires 4 gallons of paint @ two coats. I went at it though. Taped off the floor and crown moldings and started in the corner working with 18x18 sections (as instructed ob the can). When I had finished the section floor to ceiling I gently rolled the wall floor to ceiling (as instructed on the RL can). This went fine, and although the paint looked horrible I was positive the second coat would cover up the 1/4 inch overlaps. The following day I continued my painting. Once I had finished I was perplexed on why I still had streaking from the roller, cut in area and transition from one area to the next. The paint was not completely dry when I would move onto a new section. But than it hit me, this is why I needed 4 gallons. The next day I applied the third coat, that was two days ago. I am now up to coat 5 and I am extremely irritated by the RL River Rock paint. Roller streaks up and down the walls, cut-in's at the top and bottom look horrific, my client is fuming.

Tomorrow I am on the phone with RL and than heading back to Home Depot with 6 empty paint cans, 4 nine inch rollers and 4 four inch rollers and try to get my money back. It was comforting to know that I am not the only who has run into this problem. As to the few post I read who say they love this paint. My bet is they have some kind of direct tie to RL.

Never will I use RL paints again. I should have known better, considering Home Depot's primary paint brand is Behr. But that is another story.

Disgusted in Connecticut with RL paints.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC