renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ondura problems?
Login | Register

Ondura problems?

Posted by dan on July 8th, 2008 12:30 PM
In reply to chunks apart by Unregistered-Bobby on July 6th, 2008 11:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

7 of 8 people found this post helpful

I've seen "conventional" shingles that are crumbling too. I have a garage right now that the shingles are crumbling on. (garage was built in 1985) THE GARAGE ROOF HAS NO VENTILATION. I'm not going to stop using fiberglass/asphalt shingles just because they failed this time. This comes down to installation error by the original builder. As with most things, install the product properly and live happily--Ondura is no different. We have a similar product to Ondura (may even be ondura) on our barn that was installed in the 20+ year ago range. I did paint the stuff 5 or 6 years ago and had to replace about 5 tiles out of about 100 or so with Ondura. Not too bad of a track record if you ask me. I'd much rather paint a roof every 15 years than replace it every 20, but that's just me. As for the guy that said "it only lasted 30 years!" How long do you think metal lasts if you don't do anything to it?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC