> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Old Wall Crumbling
Login | Register

Old Wall Crumbling

Posted by Frank Maxwell on October 22nd, 2002 12:15 PM

I just bought an 1870 home. The previous owner papered over the walls, then painted. Let's just say they did not do a good job of papering. I want to paint a different color, but want to remove the poorly hung paper. When I started to remove the paper, I noticed that the wall board underneath (not plastered walls) is begininng to disinigrate. Basically, some of the outer paper has begun to come off, allowing the inners to crumble out. Not alot of damage, but enough.

I really do not want to paper over the wall and paint again. Is there some kind of sealer I can put on prior to painting to keep the wall from crumbling?

I thought about new drywall, but the corners of the walls are rounded.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC