> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Old Farm House Style Mouldings
Login | Register

Old Farm House Style Mouldings

Posted by Melissa Mack on January 12th, 2000 12:28 PM

Hi there! Can anyone out there advise me to moulding styles/profiles appropriate for an old Connecticut Farm House? We are embarking on a total renovation of our home and will be replacing all window & door casements, baseboards, mouldings. We have basic Colonial Casement stuff throughout right now and it's on its way out!! What comes to mind is flat 3/4"deep x 4,5 or 6" wide (?) with a flat or beaded inside edge and maybe something low-key along the outside edge. Maybe a simple corner/edge cap? I want something with spunk but must remain true to the old farm house style!

Also, can recommend a good supplier/manufacturer - someone with good quality & prices to match? Because we have to order so much of this stuff (5K sq ft house), custom setting the knives for us should be no big deal. I'd prefer to pick from a stock style though rather than custom designing. Thank you for your advice!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC