> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > okay, let's see if we can think of the right questions to ask customs--
Login | Register

okay, let's see if we can think of the right questions to ask customs--

Posted by regina in IL on June 24th, 2000 10:01 PM
In reply to answer to regina by Paulo Noce on June 22nd, 2000 09:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

You say the house was "arrested" by customs. Did they confiscate it because there were illegal drugs inside the crates with the house parts, or for some other reason, like failure to pay necessary taxes or fees? Have they told you, or will they tell you? Has anyone been prosecuted in association with this confiscation, or did they just auction off the property in the crates to you? Customs must at least know what ship or airline (and the date of shipment) the crates came in on. If they could tell you that, you could have the shipping company or airline check their manifest to see if they can determine a country of origin on the shipment (and if in the USA, the state). This may (or may not) help you to at least narrow down the geographical area of your search. If the shipping company shows the place of origin, they may also show a factory of origin.

Keep trying the manufacturers; I'll check the Web also, to see if I can come up with anything else. Good luck. Feel free to e-mail me, since this is getting pretty deep in the pile on the message board.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC