> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Okay, after 5 years of hitting my head, I still can't fix this problem.
Login | Register

Okay, after 5 years of hitting my head, I still can't fix this problem.

Posted by Wick on May 13th, 2000 11:25 PM

Yes I do mean hitting my head (literally)!

Everyone, I've been looking/thinking over this problem for 5 years now and still I can't figure
out how to correct this situation. Here goes! Two car garage, two craftsman openers, limited
space, doors raise 5'10" max with opener, disconnect opener can raise all the way (6'+). The
garage ceiling is approximately 7', the opener's backside's (housings) are mounted flush against
cold air return ducts, hence no way to lengthen the travel to facilitate more lift area. When
the openers are engaged the transom retracts fully to the motor/light housing and
the J/L shaped bracket mounted to the door is at the minimal length possible yet still allowing for
the door to close all the way.

I've thought about using a straight bracket, or even inverting the J/L bracket, but eyeballing the
situation it does not appear that this would work let alone provide anymore headroom. Any thoughts,
besides relocating the cold-air returns/relocating myself (and S/O), or extending the garage???
P.S. My doctor say one more head-on with the door(s) and I'll wind up posting on the Furniture Guys
website, if they have one (Doc says I won't be able to tell if they do or not).

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC