> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > OK, I'm hooked!
Login | Register

OK, I'm hooked!

Posted by Jason on January 13th, 2002 09:46 PM
In reply to all vents are working by scott on January 13th, 2002 09:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

Greetings Scott,

Tell me more about the new windows.

Brand, style, what is the thickness of the insulated glass and who installed them! (was this a do it yourself or did you hire the work out).

I still do not think that it is the windows fault or the installation, but now your driving me nuts, (about a fifty cent fare in most cabs), and I want to make sure we did not overlook something.

All your vents work and go to the outside. The one in the attic should run to a vented eave or other means to the outside.

The kitchen area is not a problem.

You are running a dehumidifier in the basement.
It's hard to tell if 3 quarts a week is high or not, depending on the size of the basement.

Do you have a cement floor, sump pump

Note* I would look into a small electric pump like what you would find on a central A/C unit to remove the water without the daily trip to the basement. (unless you are a basement sort of guy).

When you have this problem, what is the average outside tempreture and inside tempreture.

What kind of heat are you running.

Is it just the bathroom?

Do you have heavy curtains over the windows that are doing this so the air can't circulate around them?

I know that I am asking you for some info that you have already have given but, now I'm on a quest!

Best Wishes,

Ps. Are you sure you even own a house with windows? (only kidding)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• hooked by scott  1/27/02 08:11 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC