> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > OK?
Login | Register


Posted by DH on April 10th, 2002 11:06 PM
In reply to kinds of wood by brandon on April 10th, 2002 10:54 PM [Go to top of thread]

One is pressure treated (usually with CCA) and is for outdoor use such as deck joists, decking, Ground contact, planter beds.....CCA is slated to be phased out for less toxic(?)materials

The other is a normal 2x4 cut from a Spruce, Pine, Fir timber stand and is of "stud" grade. Used in standard 2x4 wall framing, and non decay resistant applications.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC