renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > oil furnace exhaust pipe leaking rain water down/burn hole in cover around ajacent fireplace chimine
Login | Register

oil furnace exhaust pipe leaking rain water down/burn hole in cover around ajacent fireplace chimine

Posted by jean c. zola on October 19th, 2002 06:38 PM
In reply to Chimney / Oil Furnace Problem by John on October 10th, 2000 01:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 2 people found this post helpful

noted water(rain)coming down exhaust pipe connected to oil furnace. this exhaust goes up a seperate metalbestas pipe with cap, immediately adjacent to fireplace (brick).1955 or so home.. the fireplace chimney (again is separate but ajacent, to the furnace exhaust chimney) there is a full cap and metal sheath like wrapping around this fireplace chimney..the metal area around the brick chimney is burned away..and a hvac man sais that is the area leaking the water down the chimney and into the separate (I assumed not connected) exhaust chimney!! How? He sais he will wrap a new sheathing to that area. A chimney man came, looked at the pipe connected to the furnace and said it was rotted, needed a new one, did not go outside to look at the chimneys, and said the rotted pipe was the cause of the rain water coming into the exhaust pipe!! the hvac man sais the exhaust pipe is not rotted>> I just don't want to loose my furnace by having rain water flow down into it, and 2.) most importantly want safety for my family.. A women with no mechanical knowledge or sense, and husband has just past away.. Any ideas or sources of information I could turn to, I would greatly appreciate. Western Mass is getting colder..Thank you, Jean C. Zola 10n Laurel Terrace Westfield, Ma. 01085

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC