Had a small weep from an 28mm elbow from the boiler output pipe which we lived with for months.
When i got round to changing this for a compression elbow my problems started.
system is a conventional system
1. the boiler keeps locking out
2. the overflow to the header tank keeps running but the tank water level never increases
3. the pump "vent plug" cycles from overflowing to sucking air but boiler runs. if vent plug is put back in the boiler trips out
4. the pump appears to run faster when hot water tank is calling for heat,and swishing noises come from moterised valve.
5. if hot water tank sensor is turned off all goes quiet and boiler runs for abt 45 min before locking out