> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ohio codes, LOL
Login | Register

Ohio codes, LOL

Posted by Alan on December 24th, 2001 11:40 AM
In reply to insp. by Jim M on December 24th, 2001 10:41 AM [Go to top of thread]

I too live in OH, Southeast to be exact. Codes are a hilarious thing around here. I get a chuckle everytime I post a question on here because most say to check with your local inspector. Yeah right. The only inspections we have here are for commercial buildings, and then they are a joke. Couple years ago I bought a house for an office. I got a permit to replace the siding and had the place gutted, new wiring, plumbing, etc. Then after it was all done applied for commercial zoning. Guy looked around, said everything was good except I needed a handrail in the bathroom. Signed off and left never to be seen again. And this place is inside a municpality. If it's outside the city limits, the only permit is for new construction. My in-laws built a $400K home a couple years ago and the only inspection was for the septic system. You have to be very careful when hiring outside help because any drunk with a truck is a "contractor". That's why I do everything I possibly can myself.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• insp by Jim M  12/24/01 12:10 PM
  • inspections by JOHN  12/28/01 09:39 AM
  • codes by Jim M  12/29/01 01:28 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC