> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > oh yea 1 more thing.......
Login | Register

oh yea 1 more thing.......

Posted by Brian Ewing on May 25th, 1998 11:39 PM
In reply to waste by lee on May 22nd, 1998 11:10 AM [Go to top of thread]

People should really look into the local and State laws before attempting to do anything with lead paint and certain strippers.

To advise people that all states do not require special treatment for peel away is inferring that you know the laws in all fifty states.

I have had to inquire about this peel away product, and others like it, through our State Invironmental Health Dept. (North Carolina) and I have talked to the consultant for the NC State Capitol restoration project (of which I was the plasterer). It's part of my job to know at least a little about these things.

They have informed me that, in NC anyway, it is a hazardous material and should be treated as such.

Until it is proven to me that either I was incorrectly counseled, or there has been a change in the law, I will tell people this......Look into the local and State laws regarding hazardous materials, or the possibility that you may be using hazardous materials, before you start your project.

These environmental laws are very draconian and the penalaties are outrageous. I, for one, wouldn't want to be the one who told you everything is ok and go ahead and do it........Then have you mad as heck at me for trying to help if you got into trouble.......

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC