I've lived in my 1950's style ranch for twenty years. It is built on a slab which is covered by underlayment. There is a dampness in the house, along with an odor that has been present since I moved in. Recently we had a pipe burst in the kitchen which flooded five rooms of the house. Since three of the rooms were carpeted and the carpet has been removed, it seems a good time to do something about the odor and dampness. Question is...what? The smell permeates everything. Mattresses, clothes, shoes, and of course, the carpeting. How do I eliminate the smell for good. I understand that the cause may be mold, but how do I treat mold that I cannot see nor get to (it's probably living between the underlayment and concrete. Pulling up the wood is probably too expensive an option. Is there a solution I can put on the wood that will deeply penetrate it and kill the odor/mold? Thanks.