> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Now THAT Hurt, Wick ...
Login | Register

Now THAT Hurt, Wick ...

Posted by Jay J on May 19th, 2000 01:41 PM
In reply to (Ooops !!!) by Jay J on May 19th, 2000 01:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

... But you may get an arguement on this Forum about painting paneling ...

In my opinion, yes, it can be done but unless you're willing to spend the necessary time in the preparation, it may be worth doing otherwise. If you can tell if the paneling is nailed directly to the joists, again in my opinion, it would be better to rip it out and hang drywall (drywall.) Have a pro do this as well as the spackeling. YOU can do the demolition part as well as the Priming/Sealing, and painting, part. If you decide to go the drywall route, post up again (a new post), or e-mail me directly.

If, on the other hand, your paneling is glued to drywall, the demolition will be messier. That's because you'll have to cut/break up the drywall AND paneling for disposal. You should check w/your trash hauler for 1) the LARGEST size they'll take your 'junk', and 2) on what day(s) are you allowed to put out this stuff. (They do have 'rules, believe it or not!) Here are a few discussions on this Forum about painting paneling.

Painting Paneling I, Painting Paneling II, and Painting Paneling III

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC