> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Now Hold On There ...
Login | Register

Now Hold On There ...

Posted by Jay J on May 2nd, 2000 01:44 PM
In reply to lead paint by jen on May 2nd, 2000 01:15 PM [Go to top of thread]


I'm sure that you've heard that inhaling 'things' like lead paint can cause problems. That's #1. #2, if small children happen to get their little mouths on this stuff, well, lead can harm them too. #3, different municipalities regulate who and how lead paint can be removed and disposed of. Soooo, before you go doing ANYTHING, including vacuming, check with your local municipality.

Did you have your home inspected? And if you did (or didn't), did you know there was lead paint? And if so, did you check into this BEFORE you signed your name 24x's at closing??? (I mention these because I usually recommend that prospective homebuyers 'play off' the cost of lead abatement into the Sale Price of the home. Plus, maybe you wouldn't have bought the home.)

Here are a number of posts on the Forum that talk about this issue from various angles. Do read them and see if they are of use.

Lead Paint Issue I, Lead Paint Issue I, Lead Paint Issue I, and Lead Paint Issue I. (I just have a personal problem with situation like this, that's all. I don't mean to come down that hard on you. Just do your homework BEFORE you go doing any type of work or clean-up.)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: If you didn't hire YOUR OWN ASHI-Approved Home INspector, or didn't hire YOUR OWN Real Estate Attorney, when you buy your next home, be sure to do so. You'll find that those costs are a lot less than the cost of Lead Abatement ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC