> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Nothing More, But ...
Login | Register

Nothing More, But ...

Posted by Jay J on May 8th, 2000 12:01 PM
In reply to Subfloor with plywood on top by Peggy on May 4th, 2000 08:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

Be sure to read any instructions that come with the material. You want to be sure you don't do anything that will VOID a warranty.

As an aside, I'm partial to vinyl flooring. Why, you ask?! Well, as far as resale goes, the vast majority of potential home buyers don't want/like ceramic floors. Usually, it's because of color or style. With vinyl, you can easily, and inexpensively, 'change' it. Also, ceramic is cold on the bare feet. Almost anything your drop on ceramic will break, or break open. And if that doesn't happen, the tile will chip. If you have small kids, or are expecting kids, I'd rethink installing ceramic.

Lastly, read up on grouting. Get a grout with an acrylic hardener already in it. This way, you won't have to seal it afterwards. Usually, sealing it afterwards 'changes' the color of the grout. Buy a small sample of the grout you want and lay a bit of it on a sheet of paper. WHen it hardens, cut the 'excess' paper around it. Then, lay it between 2 tiles and be sure it's the color you want. In other words, you can bet the color of the grout (when wet), is NOT going to be the same when it dries.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC