> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > notching rafters
Login | Register

notching rafters

Posted by Betsy on April 17th, 2000 03:30 PM
In reply to speed/framing square by bc on April 17th, 2000 02:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Sounds like I wasn't clear in my last post. The rafters I am referring to might be called something else. I'm building a pergola, sometimes referred to as an arbor. THe 2 x 6's will lay across the joists parallel with the ground and at right angles to the joists. I just want to fit the rafter or whatever you call it, down a couple of inches over the joist. No angles involved. I know my terminology is not correct but hope I get the idea across.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC