> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > not sure
Login | Register

not sure

Posted by bc on May 18th, 2000 05:26 PM
In reply to Which ridge vent material is best to use? by Blair Smith on May 18th, 2000 04:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

I don't know that I can recommend any cause it isn't used around here. Everyone puts in gable and/or roof vents. We had one poster who complained about the snow (and maybe the rain) that would blow into the ridge vent and into the attic and then melt and drip into her ceiling.

The steel wool stuff that is like those scrub pads sound better to me but lets see what the others post and what your local people say and use. Drive around and look for houses that use that type of vent and ask them if they had any problems. I've seen Norm Abram use the scrub pad material on tv for what that is worth. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC