> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Not Much Help ...
Login | Register

Not Much Help ...

Posted by Jay J on March 10th, 2000 01:23 PM
In reply to how to install carpet by Sharon Salvitti on March 10th, 2000 11:34 AM [Go to top of thread]

This is one of those topic that might be best found in a DIY (Do It Yourself) book/magazine. There are a lot of both. Border's Books, Barn's and Nobel's, and a good local library (to name a few) are good places to start. The 'best' stuff I've seen on the WEB doesn't go into the detail I, personally, like. And like most trades, there are tricks, cracks, and crevices that you can fall into if you're not careful or don't know what you're doing. So, you're doing the right thing by educating yourself first. Maybe someone else on the Forum has a good reference.

I have 2, though, that are a start. 1 is a post on the Forum regarding where seams go. (This is one of those things the inexperienced DIYer usually misses in planning!) Their placement MUST be drawn before you order, measure, and cut any carpet. Its direction and placement determine the amount you'll need, hence, draw the rooms out on paper first! They are: Installing Carpet and Where To Place Carpet Seams. Other than that, books and DIY magazines are your source. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: BTW (By The Way), in your post, you refer to '... you cold send me ...'. Who is 'you'??? Are you looking for info from a particular 'person'?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC