> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Not Good ...
Login | Register

Not Good ...

Posted by Jay J on January 21st, 2000 10:09 AM
In reply to driveway slope by SP on January 20th, 2000 05:43 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'd have to agree w/lawnboy. The situation doesn't sound good. Sight-unseen, it sounds like the area in question needs to be regraded, and to do that PROPERLY, you need to go right down to the bed. Neither the realtor nor the builder have to live at the house. Don't let them talk you into something you don't want. You can get an estimate to see 1) IF the driveway can be fixed (using your OWN contractors for estimates/work), and 2) how much it would cost. From there, you can deduct that from your settling price. DON'T negotiate this item UNTIL you're about to sign an Agreement Of Sale. Otherwise, your experience will be just like trading in a used car when you're buying a new one. The salesman will play the price of one off of the price of the other, thus, losing room for negotiation.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: I hope you have an ASHI-approved Home Inspector. The driveway may only be 1 thing YOU can find wrong, no matter if the house is new or used.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC