> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Not easy job for DIY'er with little experience
Login | Register

Not easy job for DIY'er with little experience

Posted by bc on February 24th, 2000 12:28 PM
In reply to ceramic tile floor shower stall by Sharon Woolard on February 24th, 2000 08:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

Sharon, you need a 2" drain, shower pan, and mortar base. There are some magazine articles and sites that may have than info but it is a difficult job installing the pan and it is a special drain that has to be installed just right.

The question you asked was in such a way to suggest to me that your construction experience is limited. (Forgive me if I'm wrong). I suggest paying a plumber and/or experience shower tile layer to lay out the drain and the job then decide if and what parts of the job you can do. Maybe get 3 bids.

If you have never done this before, I would let a plumber install the drain pipe, the pan, the mortar, and the drain. You could probably do the tile but if you have never tiled before, a shower is a tough place to start even for people with other construction experience. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC