> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Not beginner finishes!
Login | Register

Not beginner finishes!

Posted by Jennifer on March 19th, 2002 11:49 AM
In reply to Ralph Lauren Paints by Irene K, Ralph Lauren Paints Certified Applicator on May 25th, 1999 09:42 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

My husband and I own a decorative painting company and have alot of experience in both commercial and residential faux finishes ( We are both experienced artists as well and have an eye for this kind of thing. The RL faux-finishes are very difficult and are definitely not beginner unless you follow directions to the t. I love the denim and linen techniques but they are definitely imperfect and you get blotchy areas that you just have to live with. The suede paint can be made yourself by adding regular sandbox sand to a good latex paint. The biggest trick with faux-finishing isn't a trick at all-it takes lots of hard work. If it looks unfinished, it is unfinished. Keep working at it until it looks completed. If your wall colour is much lighter or darker than the finish colour, I highly reccomend covering it with a coat of primer tinted to your finish colour. It will probably save you from doing an extra coat or two! It's alot cheaper and is much less work. Good luck everyone.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC