> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Not An Exact Science, For Sure ...
Login | Register

Not An Exact Science, For Sure ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on February 12th, 2001 10:04 AM
In reply to home improvement values by Jerry on February 12th, 2001 08:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Jerry,

I could see the information you're requesting to be of 'value' to a Homeowner. (At the same time, I could also seeing it as a deterant as well.) BUT, I think it's all for the better.

Well, from my experience, strictly speaking, there are external 'things' that WILL affect the value. Inherantly, most improvements add value but some just make 'sense' (not dollars.) It's important for EVERYONE (Contractor, Realtor, Homeowner, Buyer, etc., etc.) to realize that variables like the Neighborhood, Growth, Location-Location-Location, and so on will affect all this. So, where does that leave you???

You can certainly saturate yourself with information, then 'share' it with the 'concerned party(s)'. So w/o further ado, check out these links (which are just a few) to get you started:

Realtor Info from Pennsylvania, (you wanted NE USA), TONS Of Links From Google On Home Improvement and Resale Value (among others) (there are 1000's here), Home Improvement Costs for 2000 on Long Island, Home Improvement Costs for 2000 in Southern Onterio, Canada (just for grins), and Book On Home Improvement and Resale Value

Stick around - I'm sure others will have more to say. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC