> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Noisey Pipes
Login | Register
Moderator Note

Noisey Pipes

Posted by Moderator on November 8th, 2004 01:53 PM
In reply to Noisy Pipes - How do I fix them for GOOD! by Joe McIntyre on June 23rd, 1997 01:22 PM [Go to top of thread]

3 of 20 people found this post helpful

WATER HAMMER - Noise, created by a water surge or rapid flow change of water, in a steam system. When a change of direction is reached, by water being carried along in air, both at the same velocity, it cannot smoothly turn the corner due to its mass. When it strikes the pipe, it makes a hammering noise.

WATER HAMMER ARRESTOR - A device installed near a fixture to absorb the hydraulic shock caused by a sudden shutoff of water.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC