> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > No vents
Login | Register

No vents

Posted by JackD on April 10th, 2001 03:07 AM
In reply to no sofit vents by kc on April 9th, 2001 11:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

KC, I don't normally respond to new post because I like to let the experts in those fields answer first instead of my unexpert opinion. But I want to get this point out so the experts can comment on it. There is a move afoot that attic venting is not necessary. Part of the reasoning is that your walls aren't vented, why vent the attic? A lot of catherdal ceilings aren't vented and a lot of mobile home roofs aren't vented, flat roofs aren't vented. So why is it necessary to vent an attic. The standard answers are for the removal of moisture and heat. But if you get rid of the moisture and heat, what then? Just curious, are we still doing this because it's always been done this way? Hope it's apporpiate to post this way, if not, take it AWAAAAY, Jay J.

I have never seen a house without an overhang but soffit vents are not necessary. Isn't that great since you don't have any? You can have gable vents. In this case I would suspect that the windows were meant for your attic ventilation. Just my thoughts.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC