> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > no stove top ventilation
Login | Register

no stove top ventilation

Posted by LJ in TX on November 21st, 2001 02:52 PM
In reply to gas stove vent by janice on November 21st, 2001 09:20 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Janice, wow I am surprised that the original stove setup when the home was built did not require some kind of ventilation by building codes. or this house may be really old, you did not say how old it was. But since you dont have any over the stove ventilation ..

I would suggest you have one installed ...if you have a one story home an over the stove venthood, that you can even buy at Home Depot can be installed by a carpenter/handyman, wired up for the fan and light and vented to the outside straight above thru the attic and roof OR if your stove is against an outside wall the vent hood can be vented out the side of the wall by a knowledeable carpenter/handy man. Venting of the standing pilot light should not be that big of a worry , I dont think! after a good over the stove vent hood is installed, you may still have the minor odors of the burning gas by-products regardless. Hope this helps. post back up with what you decided to do. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC