> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > No problem
Login | Register

No problem

Posted by Steve: on April 4th, 2001 09:24 AM
In reply to are deck blocks = concrete pier blocks? by Brian on April 3rd, 2001 10:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

Your deck will be level regardless of the fall or rise of the land or patio. The posts going into the deck block will be either longer or shorter depending on the fall of the land.

From your ledger board attached to the house, for instance, attach one joists to it and on the other end lean it on a stack of bricks. you can add or subtract bricks there to find your level. Then on the patio area, cut your posts accordingly to make that joists maintain level.

You could use just plain old cinder blocks or haydock blocks for your patio supports. They are cheaper and will do the same thing.

Remember, you need to obtain "level" on each joists and plan your supports accordingly. Each post will be a different height to achieve this.

I usually plant my posts in the ground way way to high then when I tack the joists to this post for level, I know where to cut my post off to allow for the size of the beam and the level.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC