> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > No One Has To Agree ...
Login | Register

No One Has To Agree ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 17th, 2001 08:55 AM
In reply to Ponzi scheme and other rants by Sean on October 17th, 2001 07:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Sean,

... I only tried to see if you'd understand where I was coming from. Agreeing vs. Understanding can, peacefully, coexist.

Which means, at the same time, that I implicitely didn't expect you to agree with me. I still feel I explained myself as to why I did what I did. Sure, if you took EACH one of my 'reasonings' separately and analyzed them as you did, then I agree with you that my 'basis' for removing your Public Service Message is not well founded. However, if you would take ALL my reasonings, COLLECTIVELY, and maybe switch shoes with me, you'd UNDERSTAND what why I did what I did (but not necessarily agree with the removal.) I made what I feel (and described to you) as an informed decision. I did it and it's done and I'm past it.

As an analogy to you making your post and my removal of it ... Maybe I should stop by your house, unannounced, and hold up a sign that says, "If you don't know about creosote, ask someone. It is a potential fire hazard." I'm not there to 'visit' you. I'm not there to deliver a package. I'm not there to commit a crime. I'm just making a statement that others might benefit from. Would my presence seem a bit 'out of place' to you? I would think so, even if you or someone passing by had a fireplace. You may ask me to leave; you may call 911. EITHER way, I'm outta there at some point. I don't agree with what you did but I DO understand why I should leave. If someone did as I described at my house, chances are very good that I'd react the same way as you (in this example.)

If it makes you feel any better, go ahead and put your post back up. I promise not to remove it. RE: Read this! 20:40 08/13/01 - Ooops, it looks like one got missed! I wasn't 'in charge' that day but I assure you, I've removed 100's of posts like that before 08/13, as well as since then. If you just assume to not repost your post for a 3rd time, and decide to move on, then that's fine with me as well. I'm sorry you feel that way. Now, I'm finished explaining myself. I only ask that you either repost your post or move one, and say no more about this 'subject'. We both have better things to do with our time. I, for one, have spent WAY more time than I wanted. But I'm also feeling that if my time makes you UNDERSTAND, then it was time well spent.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: If you want to say more, please e-mail me at the enclose address. (I think 'everyone' has seen enough of BOTH of us on this silly 'topic' ...)

PPS: Some of the Follow-uppers on this BBS have e-mailed me and taken the courtesy to see if it was appropriate/inappropriate to 'tout' a product' or make a 'statement' or the like. I guess you feel you can come into this very public 'place' and do what you want. Does that make any sense???

PPPS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC