> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > NO!
Login | Register

Posted by DH on April 1st, 2002 10:14 PM
In reply to DH, did you do my floor?? by Valerie on April 1st, 2002 09:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

And I never said you had the Big Wheel! It's great that you don't wear shoes in the house, tennis shoes and High heels will kill a hardwood floor.

From what you describe now it sounds like the guy sanded the entry with the edger and didn't go over it by hand, as for the gouges are they across the boards? If so he didn't feather out the drum sander nor go over those spots by hand. If there are scratches around the walls back about 6-8" he didn't hand sand the edger marks out.

The installer should have recomended that you not be in the house from the begining of staining till 24hrs after final coat and to turn the heater off (Explosive fumes!)

The installer should have cleaned the sanding dust from his work area, and tacked the floor with lacquer thinner before continuing (But its not his responsibality to clean the dust off everything).

Now the big he a subcontractor of your contractor or did you hire him?

Now for another bad customer.....Lady complained that the paint was bad on her stair railing, that it was chipping off or something...went to check it out, and repair it, only to walk in to find the son sliding down the handrail thunk...thunk...thunk...all the way down, Her reply...I told you not to do that when he was here.

Flat out the guy did a Piss poor job!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC